Lake Manchar is located in Sindh province, one of the most food insecure in the country, so CARE is very concerned about the implications of this latest threat on vulnerable groups, including women and children
What CARE International does in Pakistan
CARE International first began working in Pakistan in 1949. In June 2005, CARE Pakistan re-established its operations after being out of the country for more than 25 years.
CARE Pakistan works in both remote and urban areas to address the underlying causes of poverty through creating opportunities for self-reliance, with special focus on women, children, and marginalized communities.
Our work in Pakistan focuses on:
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Access to quality education and supporting students’ transitioning from primary to secondary school
- Women’s economic empowerment through access to financial resources and developing business skills
- Decreasing barriers to health care access for families, especially in rural areas
- Increasing food security and livelihood opportunities, particularly in rural areas