Statement from humanitarian agencies working in Myanmar: ActionAid, CARE International, Danish Refugee Council, International Rescue Committee, Norwegian Refugee Council, Oxfam, Save the Children and Trócaire
What CARE International does in Myanmar
CARE International has had a presence in Myanmar since 1995. Today, we work closely with some of the country’s most vulnerable women and girls, and their communities, to help provide tools for sustainable change.
Our work in Myanmar focuses on:
- Public health and hygiene
- HIV prevention and care
- Water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Disaster risk reduction
- Access of basic financial services
- Nutritional support for children and pregnant women
- Gender inequality, including tackling beliefs that prevent women from seeking healthcare
CARE International also works in Cox’s Bazar in Bangladesh, host to hundreds of thousands of ethnic Rohingyas who fled from Myanmar’s northern Rakhine State.