350,000 people could arrive in Egypt within the next six months according to the UNHCR.
About CARE Egypt Foundation
CARE International's work in Egypt began in 1954, initially providing food through a nationwide school meals program. Since then, the CARE Egypt Foundation has become actively involved in development programming, particularly in Upper Egypt.
Today, the CARE Egypt Foundation's work focuses on:
- Gender-based violence
- Women's social and economic empowerment
- Engaging men and boys to achieve gender equality
- Accessibility to natural resources in rural communities
- Supporting smallholder farmers, especially women
- School infrastructure and increasing literacy skills among students in primary school
- Governance and social accountability
Since 2020, the CARE Egypt Foundation has been responding to COVID-19. Response efforts included providing cash and vouchers, distributing hygiene kits to refugees and students, and sharing information about COVID-19 prevention methods.