Latest reports and publications
Follow @care_advocacy for updates on CARE's global advocacy work and @care_eu for EU advocacy.
- On Thursday 7th of December 2017, CARE International organised, together with ENMW and Melissa, a roundtable entitled “How Europe takes forward Refugee Compacts – A Girl Child perspective”. Speakers and participants to this event discussed the place of women and girls in the Global Refugee Compact as well as in EU migration policy. The participants came up with recommendations in advance of the UN High Commissioner’s High Level Dialogue on Protection Challenges and the European Council in December. It took place during the 16 days of activism against Gender-Based Violence. Check out the event recommendations here.
- On 25 October 2017, CARE International organised a roundtable entitled “Building Africa’s financial ecosystem for development”. This event offered practical insights on women’s economic empowerment, and in particular financial inclusion, based on CARE’s experience of facilitating 5.1 million members of village savings and loans groups across Africa. It took place ahead of the fifth EU-Africa Summit (29-30 November 2017), where the EU will launch the European External Investment Plan. The event gathered high level speakers and participants from the European Commission, Member States, private sector and civil society. Please find the report of the event here. More details on CARE's France website here.
- On 26 September 2017, Céline Mias EU Representative and Head of EU office at CARE International facilitated the event: Taking Stock: One year into the Gender Action Plan 2016-2020 on behalf of the NGOs Platform Concord. This event focused on the EU and Member States' implementation of commitments towards gender equality in the Sustainable development goals.
The event was organised within CONCORD at the Portuguese permanent representation in Brussels from 14:00 to 16:00. For further information click here.
- CARE took part in the EU Development Days from 7 - 8 June 2017. This was a chance for development actors from around the globe to gather in Brussels to shape the debate around “investing in development”. Please find the overview of events we were involved in here.
- In the context of the European Week of Action for Girls, CARE and World Vision organised an event on ‘Investing in and Empowering Women and Girls in Crisis and Fragility’ in the European Parlimant on the 12th of October 2016.